Search This Blog

September 16, 2012

August was Boring... Sorta

So yeah, August, what's to say about August? It's usually the hottest and driest month. Happily this year was not a repeat of the 'lets-pretend-we-all-live-in-an-oven-shall-we'? Weather of a couple years ago. Well, three...I think. I remember I was still taking courses at Pierce and I graduated from Pierce in '09 so maybe it was even '08 whatever the fuck, the point is, it was viciously fucking hot. Hot like public cooling centers and people freaking DYING from the heat hot.

So that was good.

Aside from that...not much to report.

I did get a delicious lateral promotion at work from the phones to chat. Chat has been interesting and wonderful and weird.

Oh wait ha ha yeah. August.

My oldest brother and his family visited from Japan! I finally got to meet my only and firstly nephew. Great kid amazingly awesome. Not sure if that's 'cause he's Japanese or he's just naturally a bad ass toddler being a hybrid of two awesome families and all. He only freaked out like twice and considering all the traveling, the heat, the strangers, everything being, looking, feeling, and smelling different? That's seriously admirable.

It was kind of shocking to see my brother with his son though. I mean yeah I know on an intellectual level that we're all adults etc. I know this. Still, seeing him with that kid it finally sank in. That little boy is my blood and my brother for all his faults and wonders is a really good father. It's surreal.

Which makes me wonder, at what point do we actually become adults? When puberty wraps up, takes down the tape and picks up the oil cloth, wipes its hands clean and tips its hat on the way out the door? When we reach an arbitrary age? What age? 14, 18, 21, 25, 30?

I don't have any answers but I do know that while I'm a kid at heart I also gave up my 'ideal' plans to help save the family home, I served in the military, I did all these wise and responsible things - and a few dumbass things too. But I didn't really feel grown up, not completely, until I saw the kid I used to get into fights with holding that boy.

It only took me twenty-eight years...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Total Pageviews